Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year’s Resolution

This is a tough one this year! Of course there’s loose weight and don’t spend so much but they are always present goals! I need to focus on marketing so I can sale my work! I’m already nervous! A group of us are starting The Carter Building Art Center, Studio 4, to have a space to teach classes. It promises to be a very exciting adventure. We got the space in December and have spent this week painting and getting it ready for classes beginning mid-January. Once we got the walls white, the space seemed to grow and glow. The utility sink looks much nicer and the shelves are neat and ready for supplies. The brown paint for the floor looked like chocolate! I bought a new door with glass panes to the floor and the guys are sanding and painting it today. We get to hang it this weekend and move furniture in. We got great deals on chairs and some amazing folding tables for $9.99 each. Not sure what we are going to do about easels but it’s looking good so far!

 

I spent my morning going through free magazines and newspapers looking for places to advertise and calendars that are free. I found some great opportunities for us and Glenwood South along with some online places. Next step is collecting prices and procedures for submission. I’ve got to pull together an email list which feels like torture, set up a sales site connection for my website, and start using Facebook. Facebook scares me, I don’t know what to put on there. I’m a rather private person and the thought of having my info being broadcast is intimidating, I guess that’s why marketing is so hard for me. So while I have a break in my web design work, I need to jump in and get started!

 

The GNSI conference website went live this week so check it out. http://www.gnsi.science-art.com/2011WA/index.html

I’m really please with how it’s looking.

sea-otter

No comments:

Post a Comment