Monday, October 4, 2010

Juggling life and art

The week before First Friday’s Art Walk is always a blur. No matter how much I plan, I’m always rushing at the end. I think the more I get done ahead of time, the more I add to the list and it becomes a vicious cycle! This past week was very full and a lot got accomplished. I got the Carter Building website online and made the first round of changes. I got the home page for the Olympia conference sent out for critique and I’m ready to start making changes to that this week. We finished the major painting at the Carter Building, got the directory signs up and I’ll order the exterior signs this week. Our meeting last night was not well attended but we got a lot accomplished anyway. This morning I need to follow up with emails to everyone but we’re on our way!

But just look at my house! I spent Sunday clearing off my desk, paying bills, cleaning up the kitchen, laundry and a quick trip to the grocery. My art supplies sat there and taunted me. I have spent the whole last month working on web design, learning coding and in general having a lot of fun and feeling smart when I figure something out. I’m getting faster at figuring things out so hopefully the time will naturally appear for my art, otherwise I have to figure out how to fit it in; after all, that’s the main point here!

So my goals for this week:

  • Carter Building – order signs, send emails, set up excel spreadsheet to keep tract of the money
  • design and order business cards
  • design and order greeting cards
  • design this year’s calendar
  • work on my website upgrade
  • get templates finalized for the conference
  • paint, paint, paint

Without even thinking, painting ends up at the bottom of the list and I don’t even have household chores on the list. Maybe next week painting will move to the top.

 

“A clean house is the sign of a misspent life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment